Hi Khem,

On 10/13/19, Khem Raj <raj.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-10-13 at 12:14 +1100, JH wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apologize if it is not right mailing list for helps, please advise
>> which mailing list I should go.
>>
>> I have been trying to build zImage-initramfs, according to the
>> oe-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass, I defined following variables in
>> local.conf:
>>
>> INITRAMFS_IMAGE = "zImage-initramfs"
>
> this should be the rootfs image that you want to bundle into kernel and
> not the name of final kernel as above. Put something like core-image-
> minimal-initramfs or somesuch here.

Thanks for the response, could you have more specific what I should
change? From kernel.bbclass, without defining INITRAMFS_IMAGE and
INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE copy_initramfs() and do_bundle_initramfs ()
won't be called, am wrong about it?

Anyway, I followed your instruction to define the rootfs image in
local.conf, it did not work, please correct me.

$ vi local.conf
IMAGE_ROOTFS += " core-image-minimal-initramfs"

Thank you very much Khem,

Kind regards,

- jh