On 10/16/19 6:10 AM, Ross Burton wrote:
On 15/10/2019 23:46, Dan Callaghan wrote:
It does seem like it would be simpler to just take bzip2-native out of
ASSUME_PROVIDED, but I guess leaving it in there lets people avoid
building bzip2-native under some circumstances.

I believe it's a bootstrap speed thing.  If we can assume bzip2 on the host exists we don't need to build it to get going, which is especially fun if you need to decompress bzip2 files to build bzip2...

To save other people from checking if the bzip2 recipe and Ross are mad:

$ grep "SRC_URI =" meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2_1.0.8.bb
SRC_URI = "https://sourceware.org/pub/${BPN}/${BPN}-${PV}.tar.gz \

so the recipe is sane at least. ;-)
../Randy

Ross