On Fri, 2019-10-18 at 20:49 +0200, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> I certainly don't mean to ignore those reports, it's just that due to
> my ongoing health problems, and having to dedicate most of my energy
> to the day job (https://mbition.io/en/home/), I am not currently able
> to work on the upstream issues in a timely manner the way I used to
> when maintaining core was actually my day job (at Intel).
>
> The question of how much effort people who update things in core
> should allocate to fixing 'other' layers has been a conflict point
> for a long time. I'd prefer to see more aggressive
> blacklisting/removal of recipes that no one has an interest in fixing
> and updating.

If anything this would be my fault for merging things despite there
being concerns raised. I have to admit I'd seen other patches and
therefore erroneously thought the issues we mostly resolved.

Should OE-Core block on all issues being resolved before merging? I'm
torn on that, I realise there are pros and cons.

It takes most of my time/energy to track the issues with core without
trying to remember that patch X breaks layer Y and that I need a report
back on that combination before I then find a patch and merge it.

So sorry, I probably shouldn't have taken this :/.

There is a fundamental issue with having enough people to help work on
these things though and requiring more work for changes to be merged
isn't going to help. I wish I knew what would help.