From: Richard Purdie <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 12:28 AM
To: Tom King <ka6...@gmail.com>
Cc: Slater, Joseph <joe.sla...@windriver.com>;
openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: [OE-core] cleansstate

On Fri, 2020-08-21 at 17:32 -0700, Tom King wrote:
> What would be a use case for cleanstate?

I never really wanted to add it at all. There is/was some case for wanting to
remove sstate objects and ensure something really does rebuild from source.
When sstate was new and had more issues, people really wanted it and I was
pushed into having it exist.

I understand why people want it although it should never really need to be used.

There are some users who do use it regularly and they really need to think
about why and whether they need to. Personally, I don't use it.