Hi all,

It was brought to my attention that FreeType < 2.10.4 is affected by a buffer
overflow with PNG bitmaps as per
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freetype/files/freetype2/2.10.4/,
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-15999

This does not appear in the CVE metrics which have been posted recently,
apparently because it is tagged as google:chrome in the NVD database.

In master freetype is already at 2.10.4, but on gatesgarth it is 2.10.2 and
dunfell 2.10.1. What is the strategy regarding FreeType updates in OE-Core
releases? Should I send a patch to update freetype to 2.10.4 in both branches
or backport the fix for the buffer overrun?

Also, how should one report problems in the NVD database?

Thanks,

Diego
--
Diego Santa Cruz, PhD