On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 18:15, Alexander Kanavin <alex.kana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think I fully understand this. Is g-i in meson projects already
> broken for a while (there was a bit of refactor in the latest meson version,
> which I tested, but perhaps not well enough), or is this necessary for the
> other patches in your set?

I just sent a mail which sort-of answers this question without seeing it.

Basically, the change is that Meson now knows that it should call
pkg-config-native for native pkgconfig lookups.  Before, it was using
pkg-config.

As far as I can tell there is very little code which hits that
codepath, so we didn't notice.  When setting pkgconfig-native
correctly, this broke.

Ross