On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 10:03 AM Richard Purdie <
richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-07-22 at 14:46 +0200, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> > It has been recentely mentioned to me by the YP TSC that a layer must
> > not only pass the yocto-check-layer script, but also all its
> > dependencies. These patches add support for testing dependencies
> > automatically.
> >
> > Patch #1 and #3 are not much related, but improvements I made along
> > the lines.
> >
> > Patch #2 split the internal function into 2 parts, so that we can get
> > the list of dependencies from the main script.
> >
> > Patch #4 is where the processing of the dependencies is done. I chose
> > to enable checking the dependencies by default, and use
> > '--no-auto-dependency' to disable it, we could decide the other way
> > around. For any dependency of the 'layers under test' we will simply
> > add them to the list of layers to test unless they are already there.
> >
> > Here is a sample output with these changes:
> >
> > $ yocto-check-layer /work/oe/sources/meta-aws \
> >                     --dependency /work/oe/sources/meta-openembedded/
> >
> > INFO: Summary of results:
> > INFO:
> > INFO: meta-aws ... PASS
> > INFO: meta-python ... PASS
> > INFO: meta-oe ... PASS
> > INFO: meta-networking ... PASS
>
> We merged this but have started seeing:
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/121/builds/166
>
> which seems a little strange and is probably related to this series.

yes, it's related.

INFO: Adding meta-poky to the list of layers to test, as a dependency
INFO: meta-poky ... SKIPPED (Layer under test should not present in
BBLAYERS)

With these changes, we are now adding all dependencies and trying to test
them too. But meta-poky seems to be in bblayers.conf, and yocto-check-layer
won't work since it needs to compute all checksum *without* the layer in
the config first.

It is probably a good idea to make sure bblayers only has oe-core when we
try to perform YP compat. Alternatively, as discussed, we
use --no-auto-dependency on AB..