On 9/8/21 5:33 PM, mikko.rap...@bmw.de wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 04:55:35PM +0800, Robert Yang wrote:
On 9/7/21 8:10 PM, Ross Burton wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sept 2021 at 13:04, Randy MacLeod <randy.macl...@windriver.com> wrote:
I'll look at the sections that you have pointed out later today.

Debian is always worth looking at when there's license issues.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/assimp/-/blob/master/debian/README.source

Specifically:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/assimp/-/blob/master/debian/README.source#L81

They strip non-free components from the tarball before importing into
their git repository.  We can delete the same files during the build
so they don't get redistributed.

According to the license, those non-free files can't be saved anywhere such
as the mirrors, I think that we need a special do_fetch command for assimp to
make those files won't be saved to DL_DIR or the mirror?

Maybe just use the Debian original tarball, and possible patches to fix issues
in assimp?

That should be ok for all mirrors.

Yes, that's a good idea, thanks Debian.

// Robert