On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 18:26, Steve Sakoman <st...@sakoman.com> wrote:

> Taking a quick look at the code in cve-update-db-native.bb I see that
> database updates can fail with a warning message printed.  So it could
> well be that the update failed for some reason, printed the warning,
> and then used the old database for the scan. That would explain what
> we are seeing.
>
> Perhaps someone who knows the code better can comment (Ross? I see
> you've mucked about in this section of the code!)
>
> Unfortunately I didn't enable cron logging on the machine that does
> the reports, but I will enable that now so that I can examine the cron
> output if this happens in the future.

That's indeed a good hypothesis, and having the log to hand would be
useful.  If you don't delete the tmpdir after the event then the
console logs will be available in there still.

A hunch is that if you have all three jobs running at once, they might
be rejecting some of your connections.  Maybe stagger the runs by ten
minutes?

Ross