Richard Purdie <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> escreveu no dia
segunda, 4/10/2021 à(s) 21:03:

> On Mon, 2021-10-04 at 18:59 +0100, Jose Quaresma wrote:
> > I understand the exception for the use cases but I think it would be
> useful
> > to show this to the users. Will it be more appropriate perhaps to log
> this as
> > debug messages?
>
> The trouble is in the situations that is guarding against, the user cannot
> do
> anything about it so warnings definitely aren't appropriate and I'm not
> sure
> debug messages would be welcome either. Those would be less invasive
> though.

After your explanation, it is not so useful.

> > I have a final question that I don't understand clearly.
> > Can the omission of these timestamps updates on siginfo invalidate the
> use of
> > the sstate-cache for that task,
> > bitbake-dumpsig can complain about that?
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding here. The timestamps I've been talking
> about
> are part of reproducible builds and the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH variable and
> code.
> These aim to make the output identical. If the output is identical, hash
> equivalence is more successful and the more successful hash equivalence
> is, the
> more sstate reuse you get.

> The timestamps in this part of the sstate code are simply there to handle
> sstate
> artefact aging (e.g. delete things which haven't been used in X weeks). The
> timestamp change is therefore "nice" but if it doesn't happen, it isn't a
> problem. Hope that helps clarify.

Yes, it is true I have misunderstood that part of the reproducible builds
and SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH.
It's hard for me to figure out all the pieces involved in hash equivalence
and sstate handling.
One more detail that I understand better.
Your opinions and explanations always help a lot.

Thank you very much.

--
Best regards,

José Quaresma