On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 2:48 PM Richard Purdie
<richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-10-14 at 09:36 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> >
> > On 10/14/21 5:10 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > > We now pass compiler options that mean the compiler will adjust these
> > > values to
> > > SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH, the compiler warnings are now unneeded.
> > >

> > Is there a chance of it being overwritten by component's build system
> > in that case this warning may still be handy
>
> The warnings are basically lost as noise in the log.do_compile files so I'm
> not
> sure it buys us anything...

>From system build POV perhaps right. This does seem helpful for folks
who are developing components using the project
and might be transitioning to use reproducible builds. Of course, they
can add the option to their project if that is important to them.
thirdly SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is gcc specific and keeping it around helps
non-gcc ccmpilers too. But, I guess folks can always customize
so its fine if deleting it is solving some other problem.