So you're testing your version upgrades by a build which doesn't include
the upgraded recipes?

and that's the proof that "the upgrade works as intended" and then you get
angry, because someone reports an regression and even sends a fix for it..
it's early, but I guess I need more coffee or beer to understand this.

FWIW: I'm not going to continue in this discussion before I calm down.