Current Dev Position: YP 3.5 M1

Next Deadline: 6th Dec. 2021 YP 3.5 M1 build

Next Team Meetings:

*       Bug Triage meeting Thursday Nov.11th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*       Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Dec. 7th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*       Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Nov. 9th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*       Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*       YP 3.3.4 is in QA
*       YP 3.5 Planning document:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OXw-NKoL_Vb9RWI6sRPs3zTcAn4hHPtG0Y2BIs7
xIzo/edit?usp=sharing>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OXw-NKoL_Vb9RWI6sRPs3zTcAn4hHPtG0Y2BIs7x
Izo/edit?usp=sharing
*       There is a proposed syntax simplification on the
openembedded-architecture list with a patch on bitbake-devel. This would
phase out the use of append/prepend/remove operators with +=/=+ and mean it
would just work with "=" alone. We've not recommended this combination and
it removes a redundancy which confuses new users.
*       There will be some infrastructure down time at the end of the year
for the autobuilder and NAS, likely between the 26th and 31st December. This
will affect the autobuilder workers, downloads and sstate shares from the
project but not websites or git services. Last time we had a NAS outage it
caused some issues so we are trying to ensure those issues are fixed in the
stable branches and master with mirroring in place for key things like
uninative before then. If anyone is aware of any other failure modes we need
to address, please let us know.
*       Workarounds for the github protocol changes have been merged to all
stable branches and to master with url changes also being made in many
cases.
*       We have seen a drop in the number of patches in "Pending" state
again this week. Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to review
patch status and handle accordingly.
*       5.15 kernel headers and kernels have been merged.
*       There have been a number of small but potentially useful bitbake
fixes to file checksum tracking, runall option handling and hung parsing
threads.
*       Intermittent issues continue to rise and help is very much welcome
on these issues. You can see the list of failures we're continuing to see by
searching for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Ways to contribute:

*       There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*       There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.4. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.4_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.4_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*       We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.

YP 3.5 Milestone Dates:

*       YP 3.5 M1 build date 2021/12/06
*       YP 3.5 M1 Release date 2021/12/17
*       YP 3.5 M2 build date 2022/01/10
*       YP 3.5 M2 Release date 2022/1/21
*       YP 3.5 M3 build date 2022/2/21
*       YP 3.5 M3 Release date 2022/03/04
*       YP 3.5 M4 build date 2022/04/04
*       YP 3.5 M4 Release date 2022/04/29

Upcoming dot releases:

*       YP 3.3.4 is in QA
*       YP 3.1.12 build date 2021/11/15
*       YP 3.1.12 Release date 2021/11/26
*       YP 3.4.1 build date 2021/11/22
*       YP 3.4.1 Release date 2021/12/03
*       YP 3.1.13 build date 2021/12/13
*       YP 3.1.13 Release date 2021/12/22
*       YP 3.1.14 build date 2022/01/24
*       YP 3.1.14 Release date 2022/02/04
*       YP 3.4.2 build date 2022/02/07
*       YP 3.4.2 Release date 2022/02/18
*       YP 3.1.15 build date 2022/03/14
*       YP 3.1.15 Release date 2022/03/25
*       YP 3.4.3 build date 2022/03/21
*       YP 3.4.3 Release date 2022/04/01
*       YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
*       YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06

Tracking Metrics:

*       WDD 2633 (last week 2655) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*       OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*       Total patches found: 1275 (last week 1283)
*       Patches in the Pending State: 451 (35%) [last week 463 (36%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp...@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp...@gmail.com>