On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 12:17 AM Alexander Kanavin
<alex.kana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 00:14, Andre McCurdy <armccu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > So everything that is supposed to be there is actually present, and the
>> > patch is indeed unneeded.
>>
>> Looks good. If you have the full strace logs for both cases then it
>> might still be useful to check which (if any) command lines are
>> changed by removing the patch, but if not then removing the whole
>> patch does seem OK.
>
> There is no tooling to compare strace files, they have process ids, and
> probably other unrelated files that needs to be stripped out or matched.

I guess looking at the two logs in a graphical tool such as meld would
highlight if command line options completely disappear, even with the
noise of differences in process IDs etc.

> Just to reiterate: this is for the master branch, and I do insist on "if AB
> is green then it works as intended" - if issues are found later, then the
> right way to deal with them is to improve the AB tests, not ask maintainers
> do even more manual work.

Yes, and I'm agreeing with you!

> Can you help me review the remaining 400 "upstream-status: pending" patches?

No. I made the decision some time ago to stop contributing to OE. Not
planning on restarting now.