On 03/01/2022 20:04, Andrej Shadura wrote:
Hi,

On 03/01/2022 14:47, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Fri, 2021-12-31 at 21:40 +0100, Andrew Shadura wrote:
pseudo started failing to build from the source apparently after a glibc
update [1] we had in Debian:

In file included from pseudo_wrappers.c:46:
ports/unix/guts/symlinkat.c: In function ‘wrap_symlinkat’:
pseudo_client.h:14:65: error: ‘_STAT_VER’ undeclared (first use in this function)     14 | #define base_fstatat(dirfd, path, buf, flags) real___fxstatat64(_STAT_VER, dirfd, path, buf, flags) | ^~~~~~~~~ ports/unix/guts/symlinkat.c:37:14: note: in expansion of macro ‘base_fstatat’     37 |         rc = base_fstatat(dirfd, newpath, &buf, AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW);
       |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~

A similar issue has been reported against fakeroot [2]. I guess,
something similar is required for pseudo as well.

[0]: https://bugs.debian.org/1002136
[1]: https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ed005daf0
[2]: https://salsa.debian.org/clint/fakeroot/-/merge_requests/10/diffs

That looks to be a fairly old version of pseudo. This was fixed here:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/pseudo/commit/?h=oe-core&id=f332f5633b5dd73fa2b6e5d605eb33e4a446d7ad

I see. I didn’t realise the development moved to a different branch. How about deleting the master branch and making oe-core the default one if master is no longer in use? I think many more people may be missing out on updates if they only fetch the master branch.

Oh, I’m being stupid. I did discover this fact in July 2020, and even updated the watch file, but since I added it as a third source and the package tracker doesn’t seem to support it, there was nothing to remind me when I forgot about it.

Nevertheless, I still think the branches need to get sorted somehow. Also, how about tagging a release? :)

  Andrej