On 12/29/21 5:36 AM, Ross Burton wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 at 05:09, Chen Qi <qi.c...@windriver.com> wrote:
Currently, if we do `bitbake core-image-tiny-initramfs' and then
install the generated SDK, the following error appears.

   tar: ./sysroots/core2-64-poky-linux/dev/console: Cannot mknod: Operation not
permitted

The populate_sdk task does not make much sense for this recipe and
considering the fact the its SDK cannot be installed, we'd better just
delete the task.
Feels to me that this is working around a problem instead of fixing the problem.

This happens for -tiny-initramfs because the root fs contains a
populated /dev tree, with device nodes in.  There is no hard
association between "has a static /dev" and "SDKs are meaningless", so
a better fix would be to remove /dev from the SDK entirely, instead of
removing SDKs from one image, when this is a general problem.

Ross

Hi Ross,

I've sent out a new patch to remove '/dev' from SDK.

Regards,

Qi