On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 11:20 AM Konrad Weihmann <kweihm...@outlook.com> wrote:

> If it's about meta-python why can't be placed there? I don't follow the
> argument that some edge case stuff outside of core requires the project to
> have additional (as of now not time limited) maintenance effort - if there
> would be a clear plan to remove that before kirkstone release I might agree,
> but with the release looming this all feels like abandoning the commitment
> for the upcoming release.

it is about many layers e.g. meta-oe, meta-xfce, meta-python and
perhaps many more that I have not come across yet. We want to enable a
wider ecosystem and we
do carry features in OE-core to do so from time to time. Core in
itself is a reference distribution, its not meant to carry just what
it needs to support a minimum distro
it serves as a baseline for many distros which may include other
layers. At times we do put specific features in specific layers, this
is not one of those.