Hi Livius,

On 7/18/22 23:48, Livius wrote:
In Yocto Honister if i use sha256crypt for my password hash my finished Linux
image can not like it, and at first boot it forces to me to change it. If i useĀ
sha512crypt for my hash everything is ok at Linux first boot.

Just tested on top of honister branch (fd00d74f47 yocto-bsps: update to v5.10.113) with the same process/diff as given in yesterday's mail. I couldn't reproduce what you experienced.

Is there some minimal reproducer you could give us so that we can make sure this is fixed? I don't want to fix the docs if the issue is actually in the code elsewhere :)

Cheers,
Quentin