On Wed, 28 Sept 2022 at 11:54, Peter Kjellerstedt
<peter.kjellerst...@axis.com> wrote:
> If it is the latter, it wouldn't work (unless I yet again duplicate the
> code to figure out the build directory before sourcing the real
> oe-init-build-env) since before sourcing the real oe-init-build-env I
> cannot tell if there already is a bblayers.conf file in which case the
> wrapper should not add/remove any layers, and after sourcing the real
> oe-init-build-env it is too late as I then cannot distinguish between
> this being the first time oe-init-build-env is sourced or just a
> reinitialization of an already existing environment.

Yes this is the scenario I was thinking of: what should happen inside
the wrapper:

. oe-init-build-env (this takes the original poky template)
bitbake-layers add-layer meta-a
bitbake-layers add-layer meta-b

Why would you want to distinguish between whether this is against a
newly made dir
or an older one? I just checked: adding a layer that is already in
bblayers.conf does nothing.

I'm also unsure why are you so adamantly against checking if the build
dir already exists before the fact. It's not that difficult (either
it's relative to `pwd` or an absolute path), and not likely to change
upstream.

Alex