First, please use the commit message convention: the shortlog should start with
"e2fsprogs:”.

>   In Makefile.in, SRCDIR is set by prefix and libdir.
>     @echo "SRCDIR=${prefix}${libdir}/e2fsprogs/ptest/test" >> test_one
>     @echo "SRCDIR=${prefix}${libdir}/e2fsprogs/ptest/test" >> test_script
>   prefix=/usr
>   libdir=/usr/lib (when usrmerge is set)
>   solution
>   After ptest compiling, check and modify SRCDIR in test_script and test_one.

The reason is correct, but the fix is wrong.

$libdir *always* includes $prefix.  This only works in non-usrmerge builds
because for historical reasons we pass —libdir=$(base_libdir), which sets
libdir=/lib.  This happens to work because /usr/lib is actually where the ptest
files are installed, but that is pure coincidence.

Also, this broken part of the Makefile is a rule that *we patch in* (see
ptest.patch), so simply fix that patch instead of working around it in with a
sed.

Ross