Thanks for the link

Am Sa, 3. Jun 2023 um 20:20:48 +0200 schrieb Alexander Kanavin <alex.kana...@gmail.com>:
On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 at 19:52, Markus Volk <f_...@t-online.de <mailto:f_...@t-online.de>> wrote:
I had some time to look at this problem. virtual/crypt-native is not installed into recipe-sysroot-native because of this entry in bitbake.conf:
 ASSUME_PROVIDED = "virtual/crypt-native"

Removing the entry solved the issue for me. I could successfully build core-image-minimal for musl and glibc without crypt.h from host machine.

But I don't know the reason why this is ASSUME_PROVIDED, so I'm unsure if this should even be touched.

In a second step I created a musl-native recipe to be able to install musl crypt.h into recipe-sysroot-native, but I'm not sure if this is necessary either.

<https://github.com/MarkusVolk/openembedded-core/commits/virtual/crypt-native>

I took a look; I believe this is by design, and for native recipes
crypt.h does indeed need to be provided by the host distro, and not
any of the recipes. This is where it was added:
<https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/commit/?id=29f65bda6d2c>

Alex