On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 at 14:23, Alexis Lothoré <alexis.loth...@bootlin.com> wrote:
> > Then core-image-ptest.bb should append "${libdir}/{MCNAME}/ptest" to
> > that. As that same image recipe installs only a single ptest via
> > IMAGE_INSTALL:append, and the artifacts are retrieved only if that
> > ptest would fail, this would achieve the same outcome. Other images
> > (which can potentially include many ptests) can then set what
> > artifacts to retrieve themselves as they please.
>
> I am not familiar with multiconfig, so I'll have to document myself before
> trying what you suggest, especially to make sure it will not make the
> retriever
> too dependant on a proper multiconfig definition.

core-image-ptest.bb is already set for this, so it just adds another
usage of MCNAME variable into it to get the name of the ptest from the
mcextend variant and substitute that into the path that gets added to
TESTIMAGE_FAILED_QA_ARTIFACTS. The retriever won't know anything about
it as it happens at the recipe parsing step.

Alex