Current Dev Position: YP 4.3 M2

Next Deadline: 17th July 2023 YP 4.3 M2 build date

Next Team Meetings:

*       Bug Triage meeting Thursday June 22nd 7:30 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*       Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday June 20th at 8 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*       Twitch -  See  <https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester>
https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*       YP 4.3 M1 was released
*       YP 3.1.26 is in QA
*       The project has some exciting plans in progress and we're now in the
fortunate position of seeking quotations for some development work. For more
details please see this page on our website:

<https://www.yoctoproject.org/community/yocto-project-engineering-request-fo
r-quotation/>
https://www.yoctoproject.org/community/yocto-project-engineering-request-for
-quotation/

*       The automated regression reporting saw some issues for the M1 report
so this is being worked on.
*       There are pending patches to enable layer-<layername> overrides
which is particularly useful for enabling layer specific QA checks. This
does bring some changes of behavior for QA checks on bbappends
*       usrmerge is now enabled by default for poky-altcfg, in preparation
for the changes being required by systemd.
*       The 6.1 kernel hang regression was identified and we reverted the
problematic patch until the correct fix merges and filters through the
stable kernel trees.
*       There have been a lot of ptest issues this week, not least after
issues with "No-section" tracebacks were fixed, leading to an increase in
reported failures as that was masking issues. There are some fixes proposed
for ptest-runner but further help is needed on the various failures.
*       We have been approached by a potential new maintainer for the
eclipse plugins. There were some questions about who was still using it and
what the test matrix should look like so please let us know if you are and
we can connect you.
*       The tunctl functionality for runqemu has been dropped as the ip tool
can handle everything needed.

Ways to contribute:

*       As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components
which are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying
to keep them alive. These components include: patchtest, layerindex,
devtool, toaster, wic, oeqa, autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more.
Many have open bugs. Help is welcome in trying to better look after these
components!
*       There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*       There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.3. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.3_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.3_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*       We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.
*       Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder
intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we're continuing to
see by searching for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
*       Help us resolve CVE issues:
<https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/> CVE metrics
*       We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is
appreciated.

YP 4.3 Milestone Dates:

*       YP 4.3 M1 is released
*       YP 4.3 M2 build date  2023/07/17
*       YP 4.3 M2 Release date 2023/07/28
*       YP 4.3 M3 build date  2023/08/28
*       YP 4.3 M3 Release date 2023/09/08
*       YP 4.3 M4 build date  2023/10/02
*       YP 4.3 M4 Release date 2023/10/27

Upcoming dot releases:

*       YP 3.1.26 is in QA
*       YP 4.0.11 build date 2023/06/26
*       YP 4.0.11 Release date 2023/07/07
*       YP 4.2.2 build date 2023/07/10
*       YP 4.2.2 Release date 2023/07/21
*       YP 3.1.27 build date 2023/07/31
*       YP 3.1.27 Release date 2023/08/11
*       YP 4.0.12 build date 2023/08/07
*       YP 4.0.12 Release date 2023/08/18
*       YP 4.2.3 build date 2023/08/28
*       YP 4.2.3 Release date 2023/09/08
*       YP 3.1.28 build date 2023/09/18
*       YP 3.1.28 Release date 2023/09/29
*       YP 4.0.13 build date 2023/09/25
*       YP 4.0.13 Release date 2023/10/06
*       YP 3.1.29 build date 2023/10/30
*       YP 3.1.29 Release date 2023/11/10
*       YP 4.0.14 build date 2023/11/06
*       YP 4.0.14 Release date 2023/11/17
*       YP 4.2.4 build date 2023/11/13
*       YP 4.2.4 Release date 2023/11/24
*       YP 3.1.30 build date 2023/12/11
*       YP 3.1.30 Release date 2023/12/22
*       YP 4.0.15 build date 2023/12/18
*       YP 4.0.15 Release date 2023/12/29

Tracking Metrics:

*       WDD 2474 (last week 2524) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*       OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*       Total patches found: 1152 (last week 1161)
*       Patches in the Pending State: 265 (23%) [last week 271 (23%)]

*        <https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/>
https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp...@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp...@gmail.com>