On 19/06/2023 13:07, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Mon, 2023-06-19 at 12:47 +0100, Peter Hoyes wrote:
It sounds like moving testdata creation to a separate task doesn't
bring much benefit so I'll revert to something based off this patch.

It looks like a relatively small number of variables are actually
used by OEQA tests in OE-core:
 * IMAGE
  * ARCH
  * MACHINE
  * PACKAGE_FEED_GPG_NAME
  * VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager
  * WORKDIR
  * DISTRO_FEATURES
  * PTEST_EXPECT_FAILURE
  * TEST_LOG_DIR
  * libdir
  * T
  * MULTILIB_VARIANTS
  * SDKPATH
  * SDK_DEPLOY
  * TOOLCHAINEXT_OUTPUTNAME
  * QEMU_USE_KVM
 * DL_DIR Notably, DATE/TIME do not seem to be referenced at all (apart from a
comment in oeqa/runtime/cases/ptest.py recommending *not* using
DATETIME for test output). Additionally, DL_DIR and WORKDIR are
updated on each testimage execution using TESTIMAGE_UPDATE_VARS.
How about introducing a new variable, e.g. TESTIMAGE_EXPORT_VARS,
containing just the list above (to which other variables could
optionally be appended in other layers)?

I think that is certainly worth trying.

This is implemented in v2.

I have validated the new patch locally on:

 * The new test case
 * sstatetests.SStateHashSameSigs
 * qemuarm64 core-image-sato testimage
 * qemuarm64 core-image-minimal-dev testimage

Thanks,

Peter