Hi Alex,

On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 at 09:55, Alexander Kanavin <alex.kana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 at 10:45, Sudip Mukherjee <sudipm.mukher...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  .../kea/{kea_2.2.0.bb => kea_2.5.0.bb}        |  5 +-
>
> 2.5.0 is a development series. The update should be to 2.4.x instead
> which is stable.
> https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-00896#kea-updated-as-of-122022
>
> Please always verify the latest version with 'devtool latest-version kea'
> first.
>
> > +New version of Kea has started using path of build-dir instead of
> > +src-dir which results in reproducible builds failure.
> > +Use src-dir as is used in v2.2.0
> > +
> > +Upstream-Status: Inappropriate [oe-core specific]
>
> Reproducibility fixes are always eligible for upstream submission,
> please do so and include the link. Even if the patch is unsuitable for
> direct upstream merge, at least it alerts maintainers to the problem.

Yeah, I know and I always try to send any patches upstream first.
But in this case there seems to be no way to do it.

I have tried with https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/ but they
are not allowing gmail
or any non-corporate email address to register or login. Also tried to
login via authenticating
with gitlab/github but that also did not work.

So, I have subscribed to kea-dev mailing list and reported there with
the same patch.
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-dev/2023-August/001010.html

--
Regards