On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 14:27, Richard Purdie
<richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I'd prefer to see some dedicated bitbake API used even if we need to
> create/add it. tinfoil and some of the bblock/unlock work shows we can
> get stamp data, the question would be how to get it without
> "disturbing" the existing build.
>
> By using dedicated API, we'd be able to control the console output.

I just noticed that compare_sigfiles() has a 'collapsed' argument,
which, when set to True, omits most or all of the task hash printing,
and with that its output should approximate what bitbake-whatchanged
is aiming to do. This is currently used only by buildhistory, but it
could be used by -S printdiff too, e.g. by having verbose and concise
modes.

I'll run some experiments, and let's see what the overall output looks
like in real scenarios (e.g. 4.3_M3 vs current master).

Alex