On Thu, 21 Sept 2023, 11:03 Matsunaga-Shinji, <shin.matsun...@fujitsu.com>
wrote:

> CVEs that are currently considered "Patched" are classified into the
> following 3 statuses:
> 1. "Patched"      - means that a patch file that fixed the vulnerability
> has been applied
> 2. "Out of range" - means that the package version (PV) is not subject to
> the vulnerability
> 3. "Undecidable"  - means that versions cannot be compared to determine if
> they are affected by the vulnerability

Hello,
Thank you for your patch. I'm wondering what you use case is. What do you
do with that data? Currently in YP we aim to do as much as automatic
classification as we can. We only adjust the classification manually when
it is clearly wrong.

Now, in this piece of code I don't see setting up 'out-of-range', while it
is possible to separate the not affected case and the case when we apply a
patch. I do not understand the 'undecideable' classification. Could you
give an exemple of a situation when it makes sense to use it?

On the naming side, I'd prefer 'Not Affected' for out-of-range, because
that term is often used in error conditions. In this case there is no error
at all.

Kind regards,
Marta