Hello,

I recently started upgrading my system from dunfell to kirkstone and I
started with a basic (but custom nonetheless) qemu image that I used in
dunfell (before starting machine/distro specific ops).

After several corrections , many thanks by the way for the various
convert scripts !, I managed to get my qemu image built on kirkstone.

But when I didn't manage to boot it correctly (I used qemu-system-x86-64 of
my  host)  and every second on prompt I got these messages

process '-/bin/sh' (pid 143) exited. Scheduling for restart.
process '-/bin/sh' (pid 144) exited. Scheduling for restart.
process '-/bin/sh' (pid 145) exited. Scheduling for restart.
can't open /dev/tty2: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/tty3: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/tty4: No such file or directory

I looked into it more and found that the init system is set to busybox
(/sbin/init point to /bin/busybox.nosuid).
My system needs systemd as init manager  and I verify that I have set
INIT_MANAGER="systemd" in my configuration (I even perform a bitbake -e to
check that this is not overridden).

Can someone please tell me where to look (which log file, or some oe tools
that I can use)  to find why systemd is not used as the init manager ?

Thanks.