On Fri, 2024-01-26 at 14:33 +0100, Alexander Kanavin via lists.openembedded.org
wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 at 14:21, Joakim Tjernlund
> <joakim.tjernl...@infinera.com> wrote:
> > I will try workaround these somehow but will not go so far as creating a
> > new MACHINE just to
> > run these tests.
>
> Why would you need a new machine? You only need a new configuration
> template in addition to existing one (e.g.
> conf/templates/repro-test/local.conf.sample and bblayer.conf.sample).
> Then initialize the build with TEMPLATECONF pointing to that.
>
> > But now you know what the main issue is, hopefully you can fix these
> > somehow.
> > Why not force offending config off instead of error out(in kirkstone too
> > please)?

A thought just occurred to me, these vars(SANITY_TESTED_DISTROS, buildhistory
etc.),
do they need to be off in the original machine when building up the SSTATE ?
I figured they just needed to be off for the repro build(in xxxx-st dir) but
now I am not sure any more.

 Jocke