Thanks Alex for the reply.
So till now we are using meta-rust master along with the kirkstone yocto layers
and are trying to understand if it makes sense to use it further.
We had a few questions for the maintainence of Rust.

1. Can we say, that oe-core will support Rust in future after Kirkstone  as a
standalone (without any external dependency )?
2. We assume that kirkstone will stay with 1.59 and those who want later
versions (1.68+)can use meta-lts-mixins
3. We have the following assumptions for meta-lts-mixins

a) We see kirkstone/rust-1.68, kirkstone/rust-1.70 branches.
A new branch will be created for a newer and stable rust version for example
kirkstone/rust-1.75 .
b)  If *1* is not correct then we assume meta-lts-mixins will cater to all the
LTS layers in future. That means we may see branches like scarthgap/rust-***

Thanks in advance for your reply !

regards,
Nisha Parrakat