Ah found it, something symlinks it later on.
Setting "outsuffix=default" in the URI fixed it. For some reason the old outsuffix didn't get installed.

On 08-05-2024 12:07, Mike Looijmans via lists.openembedded.org wrote:
I'm puzzled.

Migrating from kirkstone to scarthgap, and psplash somehow broke.

Systemd doesn't start is because "/usr/bin/psplash" is missing.

Interestingly, the line that appears to be responsible for that is in the do_install:append

  rm -f ${D}${bindir}/psplash

If I copy that file from ${B} to the board, psplash works again.

But what really baffles me is that kirkstone already had that line in do_install:append but somehow /usr/bin/psplash still got created. And I cannot find the magic that puts it there...

--
Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products B.V.