From: Bruce Ashfield <[email protected]>
Hi all,
Here's the next set of linux-yocto patches.
I've addressed the reported issues with the 7.2 series:
- configuration warnings
- fixed devsrc for 32 bit x86 kernels
- fixed the rust QA warning
I've also bumped to 7.2.2, and included a 6.18 bump in this series.
A note about the rust QA fix (it is covered in the commit itself)
... but I'll summarize it here:
Between the 6.18 and 7.2 kernel this commit: dda135077ecc9 ("rust:
build: remap path to avoid absolute path") was done, and it restricts
rustc path remapping to macro scope. That leaves build paths in the
DWARF debug info of rust objects.
In our builds that is what triggerse buildpaths QA check on kernel-dbg
(samples/rust/*.ko and vmlinux)
The gotcha is that the kenrel Makefile is structured in such a way
that I can't fix it from the recipe or bbclasses, I did a kernel patch
for linux-yocto, and will send it upstream once I'm convinced it is the
right thing (and have checked that no one else is hitting this yet).
The linux-yocto patch widens the scope to 'all' so rust debug info is
remapped like C, restoring the pre-7.x.
Cheers,
Bruce
openembedded-core (6):
linux-yocto/7.2: introduce reference kernel recipes
linux-yocto/7.2: BSPs: fix configuration warnings
linux-yocto/7.2: update to v7.2.2
linux-yocto/7.2: remap rust debug info paths
kernel-devsrc: ship tools/include for archscripts host tools
linux-yocto/6.18: update to v6.18.48
meta-yocto (1):
linux-yocto/6.18: update to v6.18.48
openembedded-core:
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/kernel-devsrc.bb | 7 +++++--
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_6.18.bb | 6 +++---
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_7.2.bb | 49
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-tiny_6.18.bb | 6 +++---
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-tiny_7.2.bb | 34
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_6.18.bb | 24
++++++++++++------------
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_7.2.bb | 78
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
7 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
meta-yocto:
meta-yocto-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_6.18.bbappend | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
--
2.43.0
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#244948):
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/244948
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121050977/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-