> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Purdie <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2026 9:47 PM
> To: [email protected]; Marko, Peter (FT D EU SK BFS1)
> <[email protected]>
> Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer <openembedded-
> [email protected]>; Freihofer, Adrian (SI B PRO TI EAC CCP)
> <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [OE-core] Topic: native libstdc++ and uninative
> 
> On Wed, 2026-09-23 at 12:11 -0700, Khem Raj via lists.openembedded.org
> wrote:
> > uninative only makes glibc (and libgcc_s) universal. libstdc++ is
> > still taken from the host, both when linking and at runtime. Native C++
> > artefacts are therefore only portable to hosts whose libstdc++ is at least
> > as new as the one on the machine that built the sstate.
> 
> Hmm.
> 
> $ ls tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/
> 
> shows libstdc++ so it should be available at runtime?

I'm really not sure how I could not find it when analyzing this.
Selective blindness, sorry for this.

I'll continue in the other threads for this topic later this week when I do 
more testing on the static linking hints from Khem.

> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Richard

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#246768): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/246768
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121393863/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to