On Tue, 2026-10-06 at 14:03 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 09:24:52AM +0200, Joerg Vehlow via
> lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> > Using EXTRA_OECONF:pn-gcc-cross-${TARGET_ARCH}:append created a new
> > override
> > for EXTRA_OECONF, which led to almost all EXTRA_OECONF switches to
> > be ignored.
> > Furthermore, setting --without-headers here is not required,
> > because it is set in gcc-cross.inc.
> 
> I fully realize this change has good intentions, but it actually
> breaks 
> baremetal. We've been trying to debug this for the past couple of
> days.
> 
> While we run our baremetal in a multiconfig, you don't need that to
> reproduce 
> the breakage only with OE-Core by adding these 2 lines to local.conf:
> 
> TCLIBC = "baremetal"
> MACHINE = "qemuarm"

Sorry, please send a revert. I'd checked it looked like it did the
right thing but it clearly doesn't. I suspect some "interesting"
operator interaction :/

We may also want to consider better baremetal testing on the AB. I'm
open to help with configs there...

Cheers,

Richard
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#247317): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/247317
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121486589/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to