I found the following code in u-boot.inc

if not d.getVar("UBOOT_MACHINE", True):
    PN = d.getVar("PN", True)
    FILE = os.path.basename(d.getVar("FILE", True))
    bb.debug(1, "To build %s, see %s for instructions on \
                    setting up your machine config" % (PN, FILE))
    raise bb.parse.SkipPackage("because UBOOT_MACHINE is not set")

and while I don't have UBOOT_MACHINE set, u-boot still follows with no problems through do_fetch, do_configure, do_compile and so on, and finishes without any problem/error. I would have expected to be skipped as the above code snipped would imply, but I cannot find that log message anywhere (nor any error to indicate failure). Can somebody point me in the right direction with this?

Radu