On Friday, 3 August 2012 at 11:18, Koen Kooi wrote:
> libegl and libgles aren't built nowadays, so the problem is avoided. Noone
> has dared to touch this subject the past 2.5 years:
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded/commit/recipes/mesa?id=3d96f8cb61225d515b5cb4fe863f0d50c3ced436
>
> The best solution[1] is to disable egl/gles in the mesa-recipes and add a
> seperate recipe for them. That way you still get glu and other useful mesa
> bits needed for gnome/efl/xfce/etc, but you can skip the sysroot/shlib
> poisoning if needed.
After much digging I see that the Beagle PVR drivers only provide gles and egl,
which is why you say that the problem was avoided.  Of course that's just one
specific driver, for example the Cedar Trail EMGD driver does build libgl,
libgles and libegl.

If the solution is "put the egl/gles bits in another package" then I'm totally
confused as to what the actual problem is.  Considering there's numerous libegl
libraries for the many variants of PVR on ARM, I'm struggling to understand
exactly what is new here.

Can you explain clearly what the problem is, I'm obviously missing something.
Once I understand the problem I can help with a solution.
> [1] The best solution if of course getting sgx support into mesa, but nothing
> is happening on that front apart from some posturing on the fsf side, no
> actual code.

HahahHAHAHAHahha.  (wipes tears from eyes)  The FSF can posture all they want
(wasn't aware they'd done that as the code is clearly closed source), but I
can't see Imagination opening all their code any day soon.

Cheers,
Ross