On 8/3/12 6:19 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Stuart Yoder <b08...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Otavio Salvador <ota...@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.ha...@windriver.com> wrote:
On 8/1/12 1:59 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
This is one approach, to change busybox completely for a specific
added layer. But, what if we only want to make this change to busybox
if the lxc recipe is included in the image? What about other packages
also requesting changes?

There is no method within OE to change a configuration of one item, if
another item is included or not.

The way to do this is use the PACKAGECONFIG options, and then pass via a
per-recipe configuration if you want lxc support enabled or not.. (or
possible lxc becomes a distro flag?)

For lxc specific case I think we can just have a recipe that sets the
busybox' static option. It seems to be the only difference we'd have
for it.

Do you mean a distinct 'busybox-static' recipe that lxc would
depend on?

Yes; it might include the regular busybox recipe and do the need
appends, or something like that.

That would certainly be my recommendation. Use the same base recipe, same configuration mechanism, and then just add the addition chunk(s) to the SRC_URI and it should be much easier to maintain long-term.

The only thing remaining, is anyone working on adding the configuration yet? (I'd love to, but I'm swamped with work for about the next 2-3 weeks.)

--Mark