See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBuildId for the
benefits this brings.  As far as I can tell from searching the
discussion archives, there doesn't appear to be a reason not to enable
this, and the benefits are real.

Both the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, all Fedora, and Ubuntu Quantal
GCC builds are configured with this on.  I plan to use it in
gnome-ostree.

Signed-off-by: Colin Walters <[email protected]>
---
 meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)


>From 89fefde42161eb17973538c5958967663bd32cd0 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Colin Walters <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:49:30 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] gcc: Add --enable-linker-build-id

See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBuildId for the
benefits this brings.  As far as I can tell from searching the
discussion archives, there doesn't appear to be a reason not to enable
this, and the benefits are real.

Both the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, all Fedora, and Ubuntu Quantal
GCC builds are configured with this on.  I plan to use it in
gnome-ostree.

Signed-off-by: Colin Walters <[email protected]>
---
 meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc b/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc
index 1a3e09b..378caf0 100644
--- a/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc
+++ b/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc
@@ -92,6 +92,7 @@ EXTRA_OECONF_BASE = " --enable-lto \
 			--disable-libmudflap \
 			--with-system-zlib \
 			--with-linker-hash-style=${LINKER_HASH_STYLE} \
+			--enable-linker-build-id \
 			--with-ppl=no \
 			--with-cloog=no \
 			--enable-checking=release \
-- 
1.7.7.6

_______________________________________________
Openembedded-core mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core

Reply via email to