On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As said in other thread I did that already for xf86-video-glamo in
> meta-oe, so I agree that it's not *that* difficult.
>
> But I'm not sending xf86-video-glamo change before it's tested not only
> to build, but also to work in runtime.
>
> And I cannot work on xf86-video-omapfb now, because builder is still
> rebuilding armv7a after last layout changes.

xf86-video-omap was largely developped and tested on OMAP4 and OMAP5
(Panda). it was tested at some point on OMAP3 (beagle), but not
intensively.

when i introduced it in our meta-ti layer, we took care of using it
for Panda only, see:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ti/commit/?id=410dc026f2ee24a2346e7563a83f0181c79809cf
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ti/commit/?id=95e12712ddffcc7ec0789a8700137afe2e449445

what I would suggest given the current situation is to fallback to
fbdev until either someone properly tests this new driver on OMAP3, or
someone ports omapfb on new X11. I would not recommend to remove
xf86-video-omap as we are using it for Panda.

Also note that as mentioned here, video-omap needs omapdrm driver
(from staging) as well as CMA support. these bits need to make it in
the kernel before video-omap can be safely used on OMAP3.