On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Eric Bénard <e...@eukrea.com> wrote:
> Le Mon, 10 Jun 2013 05:58:42 -0700,
> Steve Sakoman <sako...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> I haven't begun debugging yet, but I had 2 initial thoughts as to why
>> the X error message:
>>
>> 1. The qtdemo init seems to be written to support both x and x-free
>> setups, so perhaps the init is getting confused
>> 2. I had built the x11-free version of qt prior to the qte version, so
>> perhaps that causes the issue
>>
>> I started a clean build just in case #2 is the cause.
>>
> OK #2 is clearly a situation I avoid here as this created me some
> troubles in the past.

And it created issues for me too :-)

A clean build of qt4e-demo-image works.  A clean build of a similar
image based on qt4-x11-free however is broken as described in my
original post.

Clearly one must choose either qt4-x11-free or qt4e, having both in
the same build setup is broken (perhaps by design)

Steve