On 06/28/2013 07:56 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 04:37:58PM +0000, g...@git.openembedded.org wrote:
Module: openembedded-core.git
Branch: master
Commit: e5a1442819dfb74e86a6f69da008ba6908c8bbc7

Author: Chen Qi <qi.c...@windriver.com>
Date:   Mon Jun 17 12:47:20 2013 +0800

busybox: add the ability to split the busybox binary

This patch enables us to split the busybox into two binaries, one
containing suid applications, and the other containing nosuid apps.

Add a variable, BUSYBOX_SPLIT_SUID, to control whether to split the
busybox binary into two parts. We default it to "1" to enable the
splitting, but users could still override it to disable the splitting.
After all, busybox has no internal support for this suid apps splitting,
so there might be users out there who want just one busybox binary.

The basic idea here is to build the busybox twice, each with the correct
configuration items. We extract the non-app part of the original .config
file, and merge this part with the suid-app part to form a .config which
contains only suid apps. The same strategy applies to the non-suid apps.
Hi,

have you tried to do on-device upgrade with this change?
It looks very broken, description follows:

13:48:33 < JaMa> was sed applet removed from busybox or something like that?
upgrade path seems to be broken
13:48:34 < JaMa> Configuring busybox-syslog.
13:48:34 < JaMa> /usr/bin/update-alternatives: line 186: sed: not found
13:48:58 < JaMa> and then all applets in main busybox package fail to set u-a
because of missing sed..
13:49:27 < JaMa> and then fixing that is more complicated because wget symlink
is gone too, so opkg update opkg upgrade wont work
13:49:40 < zecke> JaMa: IIRC the specific postinst was removed from busybox?!
13:50:55 < JaMa> /var/lib/opkg/info/busybox.postinst is still there
13:51:02 < JaMa> with a lot of u-a calls
13:51:34 < zecke> JaMa: generated by the bbclass and not the one that was in
the busybox.inc (but i only read the digest and skip stuff)
13:51:37 < JaMa> that commit says it removes redundant u-a
13:52:11 < JaMa> SHR root@gjama ~ $ grep sed
/var/lib/opkg/info/busybox.postinst   update-alternatives --install /bin/sed sed
/bin/busybox.nosuid 50
13:52:23 < zecke> JaMa: Do you know if they/he tested on device upgrade?
13:52:56 < zecke> i am obviously just guessing
13:54:05 < JaMa> all u-a are still pointing to /bin/busybox, but that one is
gone replaced by /bin/busybox.(no)suid
13:54:44 < JaMa> we should install /bin/busybox -> /bin/busybox.nosuid to fix
upgrade path..
Hi Martin,

Could you please provide me more information about how to reproduce this problem?

Thanks,
Chen Qi