On 01/08/2015 09:55 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

On Jan 7, 2015, at 5:44 PM, Robert Yang <liezhi.y...@windriver.com> wrote:

Hi Khem,

I'm trying to upgrade binutils from 2.24 to 2.25, there is
a patch binutils/libtool-2.4-update.patch which has 19317
lines, do you have any ideas on how did we make it in the past,
please ?

what conflicts are you seeing ? if they are just in configure files then you
need to autoteconf them manually one by one using the appropriate version of
auototools as recommended
for bintutils 2.25 usually gcc/binutils don’t use latest auto tools.

Conflicts in ld/configure, I fixed it manually, I was curious how we made this
patch, and now you have explained, thanks.

// Robert

but if they are reporting changes in other files then its a different problem
needs to be looked at.

$ diffstat ./binutils/libtool-2.4-update.patch
bfd/configure        | 1314 +++++++++++++++++-----
bfd/configure.in     |    2
binutils/configure   | 1312 +++++++++++++++++-----
configure            |    2