On 18 May 2015 at 13:40, Tanu Kaskinen <tanu.kaski...@linux.intel.com>
wrote:

> When PulseAudio is installed, alsa-plugins is needed to provide
> compatibility for ALSA applications.
>
> The dependencies are set up so that pulseaudio-server depends on
> alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-conf, and alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-conf depends
> on the PulseAudio plugins. This should make the ALSA->PulseAudio
> compatibility configuration work out of the box, while leaving the
> PulseAudio specific configuration out on systems that don't have
> pulseaudio-server installed.

 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
alsa-plugins-dev:
 * alsa-plugins (= 1.0.29-r0) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package alsa-plugins-dev.

There's a default RDEPENDS_${PN}-dev = ${PN}, but as alsa-plugins doesn't
exist that isn't very useful.  Then again shipping the .la files for the
loadable modules isn't very useful either (Linux doesn't need them to load
modules, and nothing will link against them).

So, instead of:

+FILES_${PN}-dev += "${libdir}/alsa-lib/*.la"

we should just delete the .la files in the do_install_append().

Ross