On 19 August 2015 at 14:25, Burton, Ross <ross.bur...@intel.com> wrote:

> On 19 August 2015 at 09:51, Jussi Kukkonen <jussi.kukko...@intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> +make -k .OBJDIR=`pwd` .CURDIR=`pwd` SUDO="sudo" tests \
>

> Presumably this means that openssh-ptest should rdepend on sudo?  Is sudo
> only used if the tests are executed as non-root?

I guess yes, it should then rdepend... obviously it also expects sudo
to work without user interaction. In the examples I checked $SUDO is
used regardless of uid, and in several cases the test checks that SUDO
is set to something (skips if not set) and then runs "$SUDO
<command>". I'd rather set SUDO to something that works than modify
lots of test cases. Unfortunately even when root, tricks like setting
SUDO=" " won't work as in some cases actual sudo options are used.

Now that I look more closely, the tests practically require being root
as well as having sudo on a oe system anyway as they create files in
the ptest directory at runtime. As non-root even the test setup will
fail.

I'll add the RDEPENDS and re-send, let me know if I should try fixing
something else as well.

Jussi