On 09/04/2015 02:56 PM, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:

I don't think it's likely but there is a chance that gnome-icon-theme
contained icons that Adwaita does not provide (comparing them all turned
out to be tricky). So double-checking how pcmanfm looks with Adwaita
might make sense in any case.

I just did some tests and indeed pcmanfm looks bad when there is no icon theme at all, or when there is gnome-icon-theme, but looks ok with adwaita. So it needs a soft dependency on that, and gnome-icon-theme can still be dropped. If we find any other app that needs icons, then adwaita is the provider (which reminds me, I need to put the same dependency into epiphany recipe).

Alex