On 01/04/2016 02:24 PM, Chris Trobridge wrote:
That's what I was thinking: gobject-introspection doesn't call it in
directly but it does require compilation to be performed on the 'target'
system and that could pull it in indirectly.

g-introspection does not require compilation to be performed on the target. It requires running binaries that were cross-compiled for the target architecture, which is achieved by running them using qemu.

distcc (and hence avahi) are not required, so is this a general problem
or just something I should explicitly remove from my image?

I think it's a problem of your local setup; the g-o patchset definitely doesn't involve distcc at any point. You can build against a clean directory with only basic poky layers to verify that.

Alex