On 04/29/2016 11:43 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

Can you clarify the scope, are you addressing the case where target
images would prefer python3
and you are making sure that packages that use python on target are
ready for using it.

There is no way to set a 'preference' for Python 3. Either version of Python is pulled into images either through dependencies, or explicit inclusion into some package list.

I'm going to move recipes that are dependent on Python 2 to Python 3, whenever possible. I'm not porting the upstream code from Python 2 from Python 3, just configuring the recipes to use Python 3, when the Python code in them has already been ported.

bitbake itself is a separate task but then we do write scriptlets that
are executed as part of
build, are you addressing those too ?

Not sure what you mean here exactly, but if the scriptlets are executed by bitbake, then I'm not addressing that.

Thirdly, there is general pythonic code in metadata meant to control
build policies

Again, can you provide an example?

Which of these are you addressing specifically.

Please start using the question mark (?), so I can see more easily what is a question when responding.

Thanks,
Alex