On 05/24/2016 11:53 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2016 11:38:24 Robert Yang wrote:
On 05/24/2016 11:34 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 20:25:36 Robert Yang wrote:
They were required by buildtools-tarball, now replaced by python3 ones.

It's not so much that they are required by buildtools-tarball, they are
required by various scripts that we have. When you say unneeded, I assume
only on the python3 branch? In master python-git very definitely is still
needed.

I'm afraid no, my previous patch had been merged on master branch,
so I think that python-git and others are not needed any more ?

I had missed that change; that puts us into a bit of an interesting situation.
buildtools-tarball is provided in order to support bitbake builds on hosts
that don't have the required tools, but the changes required to support python
3 in the build system itself haven't been merged to master yet. So unless I'm
missing something at the moment have a version of buildtools that doesn't
actually support running the build system?

At the moment, I think yes.

// Robert

Cheers,
Paul