Hello,

I'd like to propose the removal of Vala recipe and support for generating Vala bindings from oe-core. The only software that is written in Vala and makes sense in embedded environment is Rygel (an implementation of various UPnP AV services), and even that can be compiled from intermediate C sources without a need for Vala compiler or bindings. The only benefit from compiling from Vala source would be that Rygel could be more easily patched - and I think that doesn't really justify maintaining the full Vala stack.

Thoughts?

Alex