On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 08:11:57PM +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 12 October 2016 at 18:30, Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Github archives are regenerated from time to time and then the checksums
> > are changed, so 3rd option is to use git fetcher with SRCREV matching the
> > has of v${PV} tag.
> >

> Note that Github maintain that this isn't the case for .tar.gz archives.

I've checked git log of my layers and from last 3 cases where I was
replacing github archive with git SRC_URI it was .tar.gz in two cases and
.zip in one (and they were really failing to fetch because checksums
mismatch).

They might maintain that they don't regenerate them anymore, but if you have
older recipe with checksums which were valid 2 years ago you can still
be surprised by new checksums (I was 3 times in last year by github.com,
last month from few more cases which were still using googlecode.com and
direct release URL stopped working).

Unfortunately this always happens close (or worse shortly after) our
internal release when we switch to different premirror directory and
recipes start failing to fetch.

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com